[Dixielandjazz] Sam Nestico

David Dustin postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org
Tue Jan 30 18:02:27 PST 2007

Ron Wheeler wrote:

Interestingly, there's another musician named Sam Nestico, who for a long
time was an arranger for big military bands... USMC, USAF, etc.

Ron, I believe you are referring to Sammy Nestico, a trombone player who
went on to author some killer Count Basie charts such as ³Hayburner², and
³Switch In Time² among many others.  These are outstanding precision jazz
charts which I¹ve been privileged to play. I¹ve also heard a down-tempo
Nestico arr of the familiar ³All Through The Night² which is characterized
by the rich and subtle modulations which seem to be his trademark.  I really
enjoy his work.

David Dustin