[Dixielandjazz] Louis Prima

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Jan 30 11:24:39 PST 2007

There was a  Prima documentary program on PBS last year (it was
mentioned on this list, as I recall.) As I recall they did not get
the Louis Jordan connection, but other than that I thought it was OK.
I have a few biographies of Prima and one book about Jordan, but they
are in storage right now. When I am done with my move I will check
and see who borrowed from whom.

Many years ago I did a 4 hour special on KFJC - "Louie, Louie and
Louis" rotating through Armstrong, Prima and Jordan tracks - there
was a lot of similarity in their hokum!

Dave Richoux