[Dixielandjazz] FW: Wynton & Wild Man Blues (With BOB WILBER)

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Jan 30 10:04:26 PST 2007

Bob Ringwald replies:

I loved it.  However, while the trombonist played a great solo, IMHO, he got

a little hokey or corny in a couple of spots.  He went over the line just a
bit.  Possibly like a modern player making just a little fun of the
Traditionalist.  But all in all, it is a great performance.

Bob, there were actually two trombonists who soloed.  The first one was with
a plunger, and he did "toy" it up a bit, but I thought it was good humor (a
la Brookmyer), rather than "making fun".  The second guy (just after the
plunger break) is the one I really liked.  He didn't attempt to do it "old
style" at all, but was so hot it made me shiver!

Jim