[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Help

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Jan 26 20:55:23 PST 2007

Bless you Jeff Mathews;

It is wonderful to see another practitioner inspired to at least try
and make a difference,  if I die tonight I will have a smile on my face
that someone else has picked up the challenge.

I of course will give all the advise and help I can,  And Yes indeed IT
can be done, if we all but get on board the train and keep it stoked
with fuel to roll down the track.

Re: New Orleans relief efforts:   There has of course been some, but
these things tend to be washed over regarding good things happening, it
is far more popular to report scandals and bad news.   I do not know
where those folks sent the money, nor how well it is or has been
distributed, but there are some musicians that have benefited from it.
If it does nothing more than at least provide some funding for them to
get some paid gigs it will not be in vain.   The smarter better
connected Musicians will of course always find the money first and get
as much as they can while others sit around waiting to be found.

Tell your friend to check with Tipitinas Foundation, I think they have
done a lot, and there was another organization down there giving out
Replacement instruments to players who lost theirs that in itself could
eat up a lot of the money, even though some of them were donated.

Our listmates living in New Orleans could probably check up on it and
report better than i can.
Cheers,

Tom