[Dixielandjazz] Al Hirt: Not jazz?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 18:56:35 PST 2007

I highly doubt it since he opened and played at his Own JAZZ CLUB in
New Orleans on Bourbon Street for a long time.

I'd say Mr. Hirt considered himself a Jazz Trumpeter of a very high
caliber too.   But see it's so easy to diss him and call him a POP
trumpeter who sold out the real jazzers to go commercial and become
successful rather than a lump headed artsy fartsy starving artists
always looking for WELFARE FROM  THE NEA AND PERFORMING ARTS
BENEFACTORS TO SUPPORT HIM so he wouldn't really have to work hard at
having a career and earning his money.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins