[Dixielandjazz] Michael McQuaid's Red Hot Rhythmakers

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Tue Jan 23 16:28:43 PST 2007

I was forwarded the link for the Australian group and enjoyed their 4
full tracks, but I wonder about the statement that there are nothing
like them in the US?  Was that reference only to their age?  They are in
their twenties I think it said? The Royal Society Jazz Orchestra from
Petaluma, Ca. started when the band was about the same age as this
group, many years ago now. Don Neely might be disappointed to learn they
can not compare to this group. The RSJO has always been my favorite
1920's band. The Rhythmakers may be a new favorite.

Mad Dawg