[Dixielandjazz] Music Teachers was IAJE and TJEN

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Jan 22 17:32:58 PST 2007

One important thing to remember in helping (or starting) such
projects - get the band "real gigs" as soon as possible. This is what
Bill Armstrong did for the Churchill Street Band and it really made
it work for the high school students in the band. If all the band
does is play as an opening act for the local Sunday Jazz Society (or
even be a "Youth Band" at a festival) it is not the same as having a
regular, paying gig.

Dave Richoux