[Dixielandjazz] Keeping Jazz Alive in Palm Springs

eighthst7 at aol.com eighthst7 at aol.com
Mon Jan 22 11:46:03 PST 2007

Last year I hired a hall and booked my musicians for a Fat Tuesday party  and
It worked well and proved to me that people in our town of Palm Springs  CA
WILL pay a $10.00 cover and come out to hear good jazz.  So this  year guess
WHAT ???  I am putting on  a series of four ( what I  am calling New Orleans
Jazz Parties) on every Saturday afternoon starting on  March 31 at the Local
American Legion hall.  It is a bit of a gamble for me  and I could lose a couple
of bucks as I have committed to pay my guys $100.00  each. the hall is
free--they will sell drinks and food- and I will spend a bit  for advertising.  What
some people won't do for a gig, HUH!!  I hope  locals will support us, as I
know they will, and I believe we will fill the  room-at least the first
Saturday.  The others??????????  Spread the  news, please and show up if you can.
Richard Redmond ( I used  to be a Dick) leader, the 8th st 7 (6) jazz  band.