[Dixielandjazz] bulk LP cardboard box questions

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Jan 19 21:17:34 PST 2007

Bob,

I am guessing a 6 inch thick 12x12 box would hold about 40 single
disk LPs, but when I did a rough count I figured I have 30% LPs with
double records or folded/special  covers. I was searching the
internet for a "rule of thumb" on this with no luck.
I am also thinking a 12x12x12 box full would be too heavy (after the
20th trip from van to house to stairs to shelf ;-)

I don't want the inside dimensions of the box to be too loose or too
tight - some "LP boxes" advertised are 13 inches wide!

Any of you with experience in LP production know for sure what is the
best dimensions? Last time I remember seeing LPs being shipped to a
store the boxes were maybe 4 or 5 inches high.

Dave Richoux