[Dixielandjazz] RedGorilla Music Fest seeks bands - Austin TX

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 17 13:46:13 PST 2007

For the Texas Bands who might want to showcase without hurting the OKOM
music market.

BTW, if this was happening in Philadelphia, I'd bring my band.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

RedGorilla Music Fest is held in Austin, Texas, on March 14-17, 2007.
Launched four years ago as the DreamScapers Artist Showcase, the event has
grown each year under that name. This year, the event has a new name -
RedGorilla Music Fest - and has also partnered with the International
Songwriting Competition (ISC) to produce an event that promotes
up-and-coming independent music in all genres and to help independent
artists further their careers.

Approximately 150 bands and solo artists will participate in shows in venues
on 6th Street in Austin. RedGorilla showcases will take place from
Wednesday, March 14 to Saturday, March 17 in clubs on 6th Street, right in
the heart of all the action. The event continues to be a "No Badge Required"
event. It is free to attend and is open to the general public. RedGorilla
Music Fest takes place during one of the most important music weeks in the
year. This is the music industry's premier destination for the year, where
thousands of fans and music industry professionals descend upon Austin to
network and check out new talent at the various music festivals around town.
RedGorilla Music Fest offers showcase slots to bands and solo artists so
that they can take advantage of this excellent opportunity. RedGorilla Music
Fest is all about showcasing and making it the best experience possible for
the artist and the audience.

RedGorilla Music Fest is not affiliated in any way with SXSW or South By
Southwest, Inc.

Want to perform at RedGorilla?

If you are an artist who is interested in showcasing your music at the 2007
RedGorilla Music Fest, don't wait! Slots are filling fast. We encourage
artists from all over the world to showcase at RedGorilla, and we look
forward to having you participate. All genres of music are accepted. You can
either submit online through SonicBids  or through the mail. Just fill out
an application and return it to RedGorilla along with your CD, a press kit
or bio, and the entry fee. All entries must be postmarked on or before
February 15, 2007.

Send your package to:
RedGorilla Music Fest
1307 Eastland Avenue