[Dixielandjazz] Fats Waller(was YouTube )

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 16 00:10:55 PST 2007

> But beware.
Unfortunately <youtube> is addictive.
I 'wasted' an hour or so last night watching Fats Waller!<

Dear friends,
Further to the warning in my last 'post' check out the following:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CoBltCHsq8
[If it doesn't work search YouTube for <Fats Waller - Living in a Great Big
Way>]
This is a wonderful 9 minute film clip from the 1935 film 'Hooray For Love'
and features the whole sequence of Fats playing the piano of the evicted
girl with Bill Robinson, dancer Jeni Le Gon and Fats.
This was discussed some years ago (if my memory serves me right) here on the
DJML. Unfortunately, I can't locate the thread
Kind regards,
Bill.