[Dixielandjazz] The Double W Ranch House Band.

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Jan 15 13:07:07 PST 2007

Great review and obviously a great show, wish I could have been there,
worth every dollar of whatever they charged, hope it goes on tour.

Now Folks like either artist or not, this review just Shows to Go Ya
that you don't need to be a member of the IAJE to be a legend or genius
musical performer.

  Willie Nelson has his PHD in music and he wrote the cirriculum to get
it and from the way the review stated that Wynton came right out of the
box he too is a lot more of a fine trumpet player than many give him
credit for.

  Bravo for both of them and selling out shows of great music as well.
And they played OKOM too. wow whats up wit dat ?

A Marijuana smoking country boy in Lincoln Center and selling out !!

But the most interesting thing is that they are playing Music for the
PEOPLE, notice all the old war horses in the repertoire, there is no
substitute for quality music folks it is timeless and can be played
with any artists personal touch and personality, as Willie just proved,
by taking it and making it his own.   You don't always have to follow
the notes on the paper that the arranger wrote to espress His own
personality.

Welcome to the Burger King generation :  Have it Your Way :))   Go
Willie & Wynton...

It could only have been better Maybe if it were Willie and Louis
smokin' and blowin' together.

Not that I am endorsing smokin' funny cigarettes here either don't get
me wrong.  I don't do that.  Not even the unfunny ones.

Let us not throw stones at them but do whatever we all can do to
continue to expand the live performance scene for OKOM, we should all
be so lucky as to do it as well as they just did.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins