[Dixielandjazz] Please don't Misunderstand

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 15 07:59:46 PST 2007

I agree that the Portenia Jazz Band exhibits excellent musicianship. They
obviously know what they are doing.

http://www.porteniajazzband.com.ar/principal.htm

However, in my ears they are playing cartoon music. Not a bad thing for us
graybeards because we love that stuff. Conjures up all sorts of neat
memories about Tom & Jerry, Fritz The Cat, and countless movie memories from
the 1930s. IMO if that's what they want to do great.

Don't get me wrong, I am not disrespecting them. It is good music for them
as well as many in our age bracket. (Average age of DJMLers)

My only point is that it is not the kind of Jazz, if jazz at all, that will
go anywhere at all with today's generations in the USA.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone