[Dixielandjazz] Which Shakeys? The Rest of the Story

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Fri Jan 12 17:07:36 PST 2007

I should have added, after leaving Costa Mesa/Huntington Beach in 1966
for San Jose, I got involved in working and raising a family etc, and
ignored all the okom opportunities in the bay area.  Then in 1986, my
son met a young lady at college whose parents were volunteers at the
Sacramento Jubilee, and invited us to come up.  I jumped at the chance
to get back into the okom scene, and went to Sacramento.  Lo and behold
there was Vince's South Frisco, now a two cornet front line with Leon
Oakley and Dan Commins, with Mike Baird, Bob Rann  and Bob Raggio from
the Pizza Palace days plus Robbie Rhodes, and Jim Snyder.  What a line
up.  From that we got more  involved in the okom scene, and since
retirement and a subsequent move to Napa, are heavily involved.

Don Robertson