[Dixielandjazz] Jimmy Halslip ??

Jtnt at aol.com Jtnt at aol.com
Thu Jan 11 15:43:00 PST 2007

Just heard Barefoot Stomp by The Dixie Stompers on Dish Gumbo  channel.  The
trombone was so dirty I felt like I should take a shower when  it ended!  It
was Jimmy Halslip. I wanted to know what else he was on but  Google only came
up with this Dixie Stompers album from 1995. And a nice review  by Dave Richoux
from 1996

Anyone know anything about him and what othe bands he recorded with? Gotta
get all his stuff.

And we thought Freddy Assunto was dirty; he sounds almost symphonic  compared
to Halslip---well, not really, but almost.

Jack Thomas