[Dixielandjazz] Whistling

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 11 03:39:05 PST 2007

As for a noted whistler, I remember Elmo Tanner being mentioned as being on
the air or a record for his whistling.>>

Hi Edwin,

Whistling used to be a Music Hall (Vaudeville) act. Usually some skippy sort
of tune. I remember one called the Happy Blacksmith or similar. The damn
tune is going through my head now.

We had Ronny Ronalde who did bird impressions to a tune called `Birdsongs at
Eventide`. Boy, he could whistle!
Bing Crosby could whistle well, assuming that the whistling bits on his old
78`s are actually him. I have never seen a film clip of him whistling. No
doubt someone will come up with one on Utube now.

Cheers

Pat