[Dixielandjazz] Whistling

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 10 17:14:53 PST 2007

Don't feel bad, Pat, I'm in my 80s and whistle most of the time while listening to OKOM/MYOM. Gloomy Sunday being one along with some my Dad whistled while driving the car.

  In fact most of my whistling is done as a riff or a solo to a tune going through my head.

  As for a noted whistler, I remember Elmo Tanner being mentioned as being on the air or a record for his whistling.

  Yes I get strange looks in grocery stores when gong down an aisle and whistle some Bessie Smith blues

  Slainte

  Ed

pat ladd <pj.ladd at btinternet.com> wrote:
  I whistle all the time, .........FWIW, I'm almost 60 years old.>>

Never mind Ron. When you get as old as me you can whistle Gloomy Sunday and
be a grumpy old man at the same time.

Cheers

Pat