[Dixielandjazz] What happened to Jazz?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed Jan 10 13:45:57 PST 2007

Rap,  guys, while being created in the urban streets, where just about
everything else in our USA culture came from since the 1920's including
Jazz, from of All things those pesky Marching Brass Bands, that are so
UN- COOL to many Jazzers.

They represent just another generation of Angst ridden youth trying to
deal with the long covered up  and censored social disorders that have
plagued this nation for centuries, and show no signs of changing except
for the next level of immigrants or those falling thru the cracks of
mainstream society for more reasons than I would ever like to go into.
  They are today's non-conformist generation like it or not, just like
the Bohemians, and Hippies, and poets, etc. of previous generations.

Perhaps we feel so badly about it because we have been excluded from it
and not asked our opinions or blessing upon it.   History shows every
generation is usually forced to forge ahead and create their own rules
and music to get their opinions heard by the powers that be, and
sometimes they even elicit some good changes even if the methods seem a
bit off the wall and not to our liking.

Cheers,

Tom "who does not like it either" Wiggins   But I don't appreciate much
that I hear from the Preachers either.
And I never burned a one of my rock & roll records.   And I ain't
burned in Hell yet either :))