[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Alive and well -- In Classroom anyway

Mike C. mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Tue Jan 9 11:42:45 PST 2007

A lot of people who imitated Bird just looked at the speed aspect of his playing and thought that notes didn't matter. If you slow down Parker solos you can hear and tell that every note was chosen with care. Not only that, but Bird swung; his imitators didn't. I love Cool Jazz, Bop, Hard Bop and Free Jazz; it's the imitators that irritate me.

Mike

<polite snip>