[Dixielandjazz] Fiddle-Horn

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Mon Jan 8 13:01:37 PST 2007

Bill Gunter wrote:
> Regarding the Stroh violin, listmate Ittzas Tomas over in Hungarly plays one
> with his ragtime band. He also plays a normal violin and great ragtime
> piano.
>
> It's amazing how much volume that Stroh fiddle can produce!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill Gunter
> jazzboard at hotmail.com

My father had one for many years. Don't know what happened to it, bur he
did record using it in the 20's with several of the Gene Golkette units
in Detroit. Odd ball looking, but it did prodicea very driected sound,
whihc inthe days of pre-electrict recording, was needed to get the
fiffle recordings.
The most easily recorded instrument for true tone was the trombone, for
some reason -- pre or post electric.
Don Ingle