[Dixielandjazz] Older musicians in early jazz bands

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Sat Jan 6 14:34:21 PST 2007

Marek;

Ray did have a long and distinguished career with Oscar Peterson. By that
time, though, Ray was well-known in jazz circles with his appearances in
Jazz At The Philharmonic and his earlier recordings with Dizzy such as "One
Bass Hit" among others. To my mind, Ray completed the transition from Swing
to Bebop begun by Ellington's brilliant bassist Jimmy Blanton.

Stan
Stan Brager