[Dixielandjazz] Who wrote Tiger Rag?

Criss719 at wmconnect.com Criss719 at wmconnect.com
Fri Jan 5 15:06:16 PST 2007

Wow, that's a lot of new info that I did not know.
I always thought that ODJB wrote the song in 1917.

Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Criss Morrison. I fell in love with Dixieland music back in 1976
listening to the band at Shakey's Pizza Parlor every Saturday night.
Because of my love for Dixieland music, I taught myself to play the trombone
way back in 76.
I also play the piano.

I spent several years in Germany while I was in the Army and heard some
wonderful Dixieland bands there. I would go out every weekend and sit in with
different bands. Man, that was such fun!

My wife, Monika who is from Germany and Finland
and I now live in Panama City Beach, FL.

Sadly, there aren't any Dixieland Bands here.
There used to be a few beer joints that had jam sessions. We mostly played
country music but would also throw in something like Stormy Monday from time to
time. I would play trombone and sometimes a little trumpet and blend in the
best that I could. Kind of a Nashville Brass sound but when given the
opportunity and the song permitted, I would play Dixieland or Blues, Leon Redbone style.
It was really, really difficult for me at first to play with a country band
because they played in keys that I never played in like D, E, A and G.

I have a King 606 (that I love) and use a Rudy Muck mouthpiece (that I also
love).

I play Gospel, Blues and Dixieland/Sing-a-long and country on the piano.
I have a Baldwin studio piano.

I'm happy to be a member of this group and hope to learn a lot from each of
you.

Criss in Panama City Beach