[Dixielandjazz] Roy Williams (was European Music)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jan 3 00:58:07 PST 2007

>I know many have been aware of the Alex Welsh band from the UK.
Trombonist Roy Williams, who for years worked on that band, is an
absolute monster.  The first time I heard his cadenza on Tangerine I
had to play it for every trombone player in town and say, eat your
heart out!  Then he repeats it again for the encore.  It's on a live
album entitled Classic Concert, he absolutely wowed the crowd.
What a player!<

Dear Randy,
Thank you for reminding me of that one.
I had forgot all about it.
I'm playing it now. A superb quality Black Lion LP I've had for years.
Recorded in Dresden on 14 Oct 1971.
Kind regards,
Bill.