[Dixielandjazz] Big Bass Drums

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Jan 2 10:57:30 PST 2007

Hi Elazar:

Yes I have seen that scene, funny as Hell but Trust me you don't want
to try it :))   Now you might get list mate  Kaye Wade to do it since
she is a Professional Stunt Person, perhaps she knows the trick to the
trick :))

Now if you can find some skinny kid that will do it great, but at your
size I would not attempt it :))

Heck I wouldn't do it at my size on purpose :))  Have taken a header a
couple of times in Street shows and it hurts man.

The worst is not being able to see out front and they walk or march you
down a street with pole barricades to keep autos out of the street,
you can't see over or under the Bass Drum and it is not fun to walk
into one of those even if you do get lucky and "Miss the Family Jewels"
 they don't feel good on the knees either.  :))

Also avoid playing down Stairs whenever possible for the same reason,
that first step can be a killer :))  going up is a bit easier if you
can do it sideways, but still tricky foot placement.

Ahhh any you guys think playing an a marching band is so easy and soooo
much fun :))    we make it look like that guys, but it is indeed a lot
of hard work.

Cheers,

Tom "The Fall Guy" Wiggins