[Dixielandjazz] Selling (or not) Music and Booze/Changed Topic

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 18:08:01 PST 2007

A funny thing happens to us as we get older:  we finally realize that
we can't drink all the whisky in that bottle and walk, or empty that
keg of Beer, ( They must keep making them bigger and holding a lot more
Beer than they did when we were young).

People do however still Drink when they are Blue and Drink when they
are Happy too, Drink when they are Broke and drink when they have
money, it's usually just the difference in the quality of the booze
they drink at any given time. :))

Except for those W.C. Fields types who just sip sip sip all day long :))

And yes Blues and Beer go together well as does Country Music, Whisky
or Tequila and Beer to chase it   that seems to be the current drink of
choice in uppity California right now,  expensive Tequila shots with
Corona Beer chasers.   YucK :((  not my drink for sure,

I would prefer a "Buttered Nipple"  which is not what is sounds like
even though I would  certainly not mind  that either,  it is a Shot of
Butterscotch Schnapps  with Bailey's Irish Cream on top   ummm good
desert.   But don't drink too many of them too rich and sweet.

Now those Country Line Dancers don't drink much, because they can't
remember all the steps and they tend to trip over the pointed toes of
their Boots. :))  Yee Haw !!   And it's hard to git back in the saddle
agin' when you git that drunk too:))

So I prefer to pay a cover charge to support the Band rather than spend
$50.00 or more to get drunk and try to ride that damned Bull to impress
them purty girls, and maybe sick and fall out of the saddle, if I am
even lucky enough to get into the saddle anyway. :))

Us older folks that don't spend that much money on the Booze and food
that we once did should have the courtesy to pay a cover charge in it's
place to hire a band to listen and dance to, most of us can afford to
do so, heck especially if it's ONLY ONE SUNDAY AFTERNOON A MONTH for
cryin' out loud.

Cheers,

Tom