[Dixielandjazz] Selling (or not) Music and Booze/Changed Topic

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 13:54:33 PST 2007

I have read in the past that patrons doing a lot of dancing don't buy as
much booze and this is the reason for a cover charge.  Have also read of  studies
that find that bars with blues playing sell more booze than those with
upbeat music, that those with live bands playing, "my wife and dog both came
home--I wish they'd leave again"; i.e., whatever makes one blue and country sell
more beer.  I also know we old folks going out to hear the jazz are not  buying
the booze, food, etc. that we did once upon a time in  establishments.

In a message dated 1/1/2007 3:48:48 P.M. Central Standard Time,