[Dixielandjazz] Check out YouTube - Tiger Rag

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon Jan 1 10:42:25 PST 2007

Just informational, and checking...As I recall, the son of ODJB drummer
Tony Spargo (Sbarbaro) is a DJML listee. If you're out there, I hope
you're enjoying this strand. Tony was surely one of the great drumming
pioneers, a fact known to many but unfairly dimmed by historians' and
critics' rightful unhappiness with Nick LaRocca's grandiose claims
about originating jazz and racist comments. Jack Stewart's article on
the ODJB in the current issue of the (Tulane) Jazz Archivist has some
fine, though in some ways odd, new perspectives on the ODJB.

Charlie