[Dixielandjazz] OPERA Celebrates a 400th Anniversary - WillOKOM do the s...

DanLevinson at aol.com DanLevinson at aol.com
Tue Feb 27 15:11:31 PST 2007

In a message dated 2/27/2007 6:01:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
robert at ringwald.com writes:

Come to  think of it, Dan Levinson is doing a 100th anniversary concert this
year.  I wonder how he figured the dates?

We had planned to celebrate the 90th (not the 100th) anniversary of the
first jazz recording last night, Bob, at a concert hall in Morristown,  NJ - on
February 26, exactly ninety years from the date the ODJB made the first  jazz
recording.

Mother Nature spoiled our plans, however.  Inclement weather forced  the
cancellation of many flights, and Jeff Barnhart, our pianist, was stuck in  Oregon
- WITH THE PIANO BOOK, mind you.  He couldn't get a flight back  until today.
 Plus, the promoter was concerned that too many people  would stay home if it
snowed.  The concert was canceled on Sunday.  It ended up snowing on Sunday,
but not yesterday.  Great opportunity  missed.  We're looking for a new date
for the 90th anniversary  celebration.  We'll have to wait another ten years
for the  big 100th.

Dan Levinson
http://www.aol.com.