[Dixielandjazz] simple music

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Feb 26 15:36:35 PST 2007

Actually at one time there were two distinct types.  There was Country music
and there was Western music.  Western music were tunes like Back in the
Saddle Again,  Pistol Packin Momma, Don't Fence Me In, etc.  I was young but
my parents listened to Grand Old Opry that featured what was more accurately
described as Hill Billy music.

Sometime, or at least I think it was, in the late 50's there became what we
call Country and Western when early rock as done by Elvis and other early
performers started to morph into more modern styles of rock like Doo Wop,
Beach Boys etc.

This is all personal recollection so may not be entirely accurate but I
think I'm pretty close ---- What do you think?
Larry
St. Louis