[Dixielandjazz] Crappy pianos - the solution

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Feb 25 11:45:33 PST 2007

Since burning pianos is now the "hot topic:"

Reminds me just a bit of what happened at Burning Man 1996 - a guy
who had a day job of moving pianos built a multi- story structure of
old pianos (80+ pianos hulks, as I recall) and people would come up
with sticks to bang on them. The thing was so big there was a
"nightclub" inside - well, at least a bar... at the end of the event
the whole thing was lit on fire - the sounds of those burning pianos
was  spectacular!

there is an article about this at:
http://www.reason.com/news/show/29298.html   and some pictures at:
http://www.burningman.com/art_of_burningman/piano_bell_gallery.html

I could not find any on-line video of that event, but it was quite
something to experience!

Dave Richoux