[Dixielandjazz] Crappy pianos - the solution

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 25 09:09:05 PST 2007

a new piano, so the old upright wasdispatched in style by the steam catapult
off the flight deck.>>

Hi,

Pete Cook and Dudley Moore used a sequence firing a piano, and  I believe
the pianist, from a flat top at the end of one of their series. "Not only
but also". perhaps?

I am surprised that there are that many pianos left as in the UK in the 60`s
or thereabouts piano smashing races became very popular at village fairs
etc.  there would be a metal ring about 18inches in diameter and the piano
had to be smashed into small enough pieces to put them through the ring..

The whole idea horrified me. About like burning books. The barbarians are
inside the gates.

Cheers

Pat