[Dixielandjazz] Double-Belled Euphonium

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Feb 18 21:08:17 PST 2007

Hi Dave:

That might all well be true, but I heard listmate Bob romans band play
a lovely tune to day with three of the buggers, and it was indeed very
nice, however they also featured their reed player Pete Main on a
Sarusaphone solo that has to be the gawd auwfullest sounding instrument
I have heard in a long time.   Not Pete's playing but the sound of the
instrument which must have been the early prototype for a Bari sax.  At
any case it is a good thing it never caught on big :))   Sounded like a
Kazoo on Steroids :))

cheers,

Tom Wiggins