[Dixielandjazz] Leningrad Dixieland Jazz Band

David Dustin postmaster at fountainsquareramblers.org
Fri Feb 16 20:25:04 PST 2007

Sounds like the same group I heard in Leningrad in 1971.  They were
impressive, but I can¹t actually remember the name.  They had the chops and
I was impressed.

Further to Tom¹s comment, Russian prostitution is rife up in northeastern
Turkey, especially in the surprisingly European-feeling port city of
Trabzon.  Turks call them ³Natasha¹s².  It is pretty sad to see.  The
prettier and lucky ones fetch up with retired bachelor or divorced US
military officers, like some of my friends who chose to stay on in Turkey.
It makes for some pretty interesting social dynamics, but the relationships
I know about seem to be stable.

David Dustin