[Dixielandjazz] Leningrad Dixieland Jazzband

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 16 00:25:38 PST 2007

> ............. a cassette tape of the Leningrad Dixieland Jazzband, recorded in
1971 and 1979.......... Some interesting tune names.......... I Want To Go
Around With You (traditional) which is really "Just A Closer Walk".<

Dear Vicky,
This is the best I can do, as you didn't mention tune titles (except one) or
the catalogue number of your cassette.
I have one of their LPs, with no information, but none of the tunes
contained thereon are listed below.
Perhaps our European expert Gerard Bielderman can help, but he would need
more details.
Kind regards,
Bill.

LENINGRAD DIXIELAND
Vsevolod Koroljov, t; Eduard Levin, tb/p; Alexander Ussyskin, cl; Boris
Yershov, bj; Juri Miroshnitschenko, sb; Alexander Skrypnik, d.
Tallinn, 11-14 May, 1967
    When the Saints Go Marching In

Moscow, May 30 & June 4, 1967
    Russian Dance

1967
    Stomp
    I've Found a New Baby
    Russian Dance

Leningrad, December, 1967
    Russian Dance Song
    My Baby
    At the Far End of the Village
    I Want To Go With You
    Twelfth Street Rag
    St. Louis Blues
    Ice Cream
    The lovely letter
    Alexander's Ragtime Band

Warsaw, October 16, 1969
    Kalinka

Juri Miroshnitschenko, Vladimir Voronin, t; Boris Yershov, bj/tb; Eduard
Levin, p/tb; Alexander Ussyskin, cl; Alexander Skrypnik, perc.
c. 1978
    Hot Horn
    Jeep's Blues
    The entertainer