[Dixielandjazz] Leningrad Dixieland Jazzband

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Feb 15 23:50:50 PST 2007

wonderful:   but do they play in Russia ??   I never saw or heard of
them when I was there :   Just curious ????  Don't mean any disrespect
to the band or the folks in Sacramento or to infer that they are not a
good band.

Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band was invited to play for the 100th
Year Anniversary Celebration for Moscow, and many other top
International Jazz festivals around the world,  but has yet to be
invited to play at a Traditional Jazz Society gig in the USA.   Hummmm
  strange indeed :))

I do realize however that $40.00 an hour is a LOT of Money to a Russian
at least on the surface.

I saw some russian female doctors in Turkey that were arrested for
Prostitution, and when the Turkish officials asked them why they did it
they replied because they could make more money in one day of
Prostitution in Turkey than they could earn a month as a Doctor in
Russia.

Makes me want to move to Istanbul and open Storyville   Mideast  :))
or a House of the Rising Sun,  :00

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins