[Dixielandjazz] Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall concert

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 14 13:05:10 PST 2007

Dear Mart,
The 'world experts' seem to be agreed that Jasmine 656 has the better all
round quality and reproduction of the currently available CDs of the BG 1938
Carnegie Hall Concert.
Columbia 65143 is certainly a disappointment, with its hiss and sharpness.
I certainly do not like it, which is why I have also kept the original
Columbia CD set (taken from the original LPs).
Avid 122 is supposedly very good, but I have not heard it.
All are 2-CDs sets containing (I believe) the additional previously unissued
material, for which Columbia do not own the rights, and are currently
available from Worlds records.
(I have no connection with Worlds. Just a very happy, long-time, customer
from the LP era.)
I have Jasmine 656 on its way (via Jazzology Australia), so can report soon.
Kind regards,
Bill.