[Dixielandjazz] Francesco (gatto) Salomoni

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 11 21:39:44 PST 2007

"Francesco Salomoni" <francescosalomoni at hotmail.com> wrote

> I agree. I am a trombonist and usually I have to be ready to play anything
> other people are confortable to play. Just when I play with my band I pick
> the tunes.
>
> First post on the list, I'm very excited.

Hi Francesco.

Welcome to the list. Saw your web site and was blown away by your youth and
by your credentials. It is always great to see young players who love this
music we call OKOM. I hope we get to play together some day.

Should you ever get to the Philadelphia area, please contact me. My phone
number is on my web site:  http:www.barbonestreet.com

I would love to have you sit in with us, and also to have you meet our
trombonist Glenn Dodson. Glenn's bio is on the web site. Among other things,
he graduated from and taught at The Curtis Institute of Music in
Philadelphia and was, for 28 + years, the principal trombone of the
Philadelphia Orchestra. From Ormandy to Muti to Schwallisch. A young 76
years old, (drives a Porsche Boxter etc) he still gets around the trombone
pretty well to put it mildly. You would enjoy chatting with him, I'm sure.

Good luck in music, good luck in America.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone