[Dixielandjazz] Frankie Laine Obit

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 11 08:52:40 PST 2007

Sorry to hear this news.

I first heard Frankie Lane on film in a little known black and white called,
I think, `Make believe Ballroom`. It was a thin story about radio performers
learning to make the switch to TV. Move about, gesture etc instead of just
standing motiionless in front of a mike.

I went chasing my local record shop for Frankie Lane stuff the next day but
they had never heard of him  and there was nothing in the catalogues. It was
ages before I ran any of his records, 78`s of course to earth.

I think Billy Daniels and Dinah Shore also appeared in the film..

A sad loss.

Pat