[Dixielandjazz] How do you respond?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Feb 8 16:00:03 PST 2007

My point Larry and all is that we must First find a way to establish
some meaningful dialog with them which gets them to tell us what they
think they want to hire in the way of music, and then determine what we
would call it to make it at least appear to be what they have in mind.
  They too have no idea what it is called most of the time.
Unfortunately most of the time it is non musicians that hire musicians
:))

They usually do not speak our language.   A tough situation no matter
how we address it, but if we don't meet them head on and try we shall
all be doomed to just sit back and wait for the one person left on
earth that knows what we play is.   This is particularly hard for
musicians and bands that only play one genre of music and want to
remain or be considered Professional.   See many folks out there in the
real world think that Musicians can actually Play any song in the
world.   Yep they are that musically ignorant.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins