[Dixielandjazz] FW: A followup reply

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Feb 5 09:03:23 PST 2007

>At least it misses any point that I am
> interested in -- as a "young" (mid-50s) player/bandleader --

The above sentence, by our Mr. A, is how he should have made his
introductory post to DJML in the first place.  "I'm a mid 50's bandleader,
and I'm particularly interested in....."  Following that by what would be a
normal, polite way of entering any group, be it at a bar, coffee shop,
party, or on the internet, with:  "I live & work in...., and have been
playing the...... For...years with so & so".  Then, in return, others with
knowledge of the subject the newby is interested in would answer.  That way,
the subjects might have turned to his particular interests.

--

....meaning?  He's timid?  (The normal opposite of a bandleader!) He just
feels the list is not worth the bother?  Weird approach, it would seem to

Jim