[Dixielandjazz] Jack Teagarden YouTube clip:

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 3 18:39:44 PST 2007

Mike <mike at railroadstjazzwest.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know the source or date of the video of JT playing lover?
> Looks like it could be mid to late forties. Is the trumpeter Charlie
> Teagarden?
>

> http://youtube.com/watch?v=elx_7jFt-F0
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Hi Mike:

That may be from a Snader Film short:

The Snader company made a series of over 700 short films for TV (similar to
today's videoclips), in the period 1950 -1952. In 1951 they featuring Jack
Teagarden and his band.

Lover; Basin Street Blues; Jack Armstrong Blues; Wolverine Blues; Stars Fell
On Alabama; Georgia On My Mind; Dark Eyes; Nobody Knows The Trouble I've
Seen; Rockin' Chair; That's A Plenty.

The band consists of Jack, brother Charlie (tpt), Don Bonnee (clt), Pud
Brown (ts), Heinie Beau (alto), Marvin Ash (pno), Ray Leatherwood (bass) and
Ray Bauduc (dms)

But Bill Haesler will know for sure. I'm only guessing.

Cheers,
Steve