[Dixielandjazz] Jump Blues -" Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens."

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Feb 3 16:46:24 PST 2007

There was a really good multi-part article on Hokum/Jive in the
Mississippi Rag (2005.)  Everything from pre-jazz vaudeville shouters
to jumpin' blues and everything in between.  Cab was featured on the
cover of one of the issues.

here is a link to more info:
http://www.mississippirag.com/back03_05.html

I liked the articles because most of the artists mentioned were
regularly on my Jazz Parade playlist, almost from the start back in
1883. Many people in my audience who were hoping I would only play
"straight trad" were sometimes put off by all the fun stuff, but I
did it anyway ;-)

Dave Richoux