[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Help

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Feb 3 15:33:34 PST 2007

> (I swear I've heard that tune somewhere else and maybe by another name.)<

Dear Craig,
I will be interested in Louis' reply.
The tune the Savannah Jazz Band call "Baby I Don't Mean Maybe" on that
YouTube clip is similar the old New Orleans warhorse "I Can't Escape From
You/You Can't Escape From Me". [But let's not get into that controversy
again, at the moment.]
It was also recorded as "In The Groove" by Kid Clayton, et al, and (as I
recall) has a  vocal line in it 'Baby I don't mean maybe'.
Ozrayliun NO style bands over the years have used both titles: "I Can't
Escape From You" and "In The Groove" (if the vocal is used).
Kind regards,
Bill.