[Dixielandjazz] I love this definition!

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Feb 2 12:47:55 PST 2007

polite snip: from DON'S POST:

Your definition applies to clubs that feature so-called "avant" or
post-bop
where the band is too hip for the room, and even the most sophisticated
listener has no clue as to what he/she is really hearing. And they do
pay a
lot of money to be seen attending this so-called "hipness." And the
players,
because they think Coltrane is God, are willing to work for $40 a night
for
their "religion."

Sounds pretty much like everything I have seen with OKOM players too
Don,
so what's the beef ?  :))    The OKOM guys think Louis is God, or Bix,
Teagarden, Sidney, Kenton,
  or whoever they happen to idolize, and many won't even listen to
anybody else or play anything
other than what they think is OKOM.   And the money most of them make
is about the same
so far as I can see,  seems to be the way it goes in RELIGIOUS MUSIC :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins,
  who don't hang out in those kind of churches :)) they tend to take up
too many LOVE offerings
and like the original post said, it don't usually find it's way down to
the players anyway.