[Dixielandjazz] Billie Holiday was 16 year old singer (All Of Me)

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 2 09:04:09 PST 2007

I am very glad Strange Fruit has been preserved on film.   First saw it some
years ago in a jazz history class.  Maybe some folks who  hadalready heard her
do the tune left to make a pain-avoidance choice.  It  is very difficult even
to "hear", let alone watch her pain as she delivers  it.
Ginny

In a message dated 2/2/2007 10:31:36 A.M. Central Standard Time,