[Dixielandjazz] The Last Cherokee - GRP BAND

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 1 14:38:27 PST 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twKzRzcd744&NR

This is a 4 part harmonization (by Sandoval) of Clifford Brown's solo on
Cherokee from "A Study In Brown". Trumpets are Arturo Sandoval, Randy
Brecker, Chuck Findlay, and Byron Stripling. GIANTS, ALL

The unison harmony a la Supersax, is simply astounding and in my ears swings
like crazy with lots of energy. I also love the solos and hear them as
coherent, swinging, harmonically superb and saying a lot. Maynard lovers
will hear some very high notes. The audience loved it too. And why not? GRP
generally, and this edition specifically, is a very exciting band.

Anybody got these solos written out?

Hey Bill Haesler, keep listening to it and it will grow on you. :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone