[Dixielandjazz] moving to New Orleans

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Feb 1 13:23:27 PST 2007

Musical content:    " I'm Walkin' to New Orleans "   Fats Domino

Tom Wiggins.

    Jack was sitting on the plane getting ready to depart for New
Orleans when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was awfully pale,
his hands were shaking and he was moaning with fear. "What's the
matter?"  Jack asked.

   "I've been transferred to New Orleans, there's crazy people there .
 They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs and the
highest crime rate."

   Jack replied, "I've lived in New Orleans all my life.  It's not as
bad as the media says.  Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own
business, enroll your kids in a nice school and it's as safe as
anywhere in the world."

   The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you.  I've
been worried to death.  But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll
take your word for it.  What do you do for a living?"

 "Me?" said Jack.  "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."

 =

across the web, free AOL Mail and more.