[Dixielandjazz] List Policemen etc.

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 31 16:23:04 PST 2007

Jim, et al,

I think you're missing an important point here.  While some long-time
list members may be annoyed at posts from Steve that they deem
repetitious, they are not necessarily in the majority on a list with
563 members.  Newer members may not have read any or many of Steve's
posts about band management and promotion and may value them highly
as new ones come along.

In addition, other long-time list members, myself for example, may
enjoy each such post as positive reinforcement of a good idea or
principle.  Just think of the salesman who replays the same
motivational tapes over a long period of time to remind himself and
reinforce his recollection of the essential tenets of good salesmanship.

I forward many of Steve's posts to my youngest son who is a singer/
songwriter. He appreciates them and realizes they also have relevance
to solo and non-jazz performers.  To him they are first-hand examples
of what successful strategies are for all performers, examples very
difficult to come by generally.

The DJML is a list made up of individuals with very diverse
backgrounds who share a love of OKOM, either as a listener or as a
performer.  As a listener I find the inside scoop provided by all of
the performers to be one of the best parts of receiving the list.
Bob Ringwald does a fine job of maintaining list decorum when
grumpiness creeps into a thread.

This list subscriber says to Steve, "Keep 'em coming, and try not to
react to every bit of criticism.  Some arguments are not going to be
won."

Best regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records