[Dixielandjazz] ST GABRIEL'S CELESTIAL BRASS BAND

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 21 18:56:20 PST 2007

Hey Folks:

Was that The St Gabriel's Celestial Jazz Band that I saw on TV? Leading the
mourners after the funeral services for R & B legend Ike Turner today.
Goodness, on the same program with Little Richard. I think I saw Phil
Spector there too.

For those with short R & B memories, Spector is a music producer who was
accused of murdering his girlfriend a while back and the trial recently
ended in a hung jury. Shall I send Guido to protect St Gabriel, Tom? <grin>

Congratulations to list mate Tom Wiggins who fronts that band as well as the
Ambassadors of New Orleans which went to the Red Sea Jazz Festival in Israel
last year. I wonder if Little Richard likes OKOM?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone