[Dixielandjazz] Zeke Zarchy

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Dec 20 16:31:47 PST 2007

Some of you may know the trumpeter Zeke Zarchy.  If not, you certainly have
heard him on many recordings.  He was the lead trumpet player in the Glen
Miller Army Air Force band throughout WWII.  He also worked and recorded
with many bands including Bob Crosby, Artie Shaw, Red Norvo, Benny Goodman,
just to name a few.

To read more about him, see:

www.ringwald.com/pacific.htm

Zeke is 92 and has recently lost his wife of 57 years.  Below is a note from
his daughter Karrie.

If you would like to send him a card or letter, his address is:

Zeke Zarchy
11034 Wrightwood Place
Studio City CA 91604

--Bob Ringwald

*****************

Dear All,

I'm sending a note on behalf of my dad, Zeke Zarchy.  We recently lost
our mom Peggy, Zeke's wife of 57 years.  Needless to say, things have
been very difficult over the last couple of months for Dad,  and he
knows that there's no escaping the stages of grieving. Reminders are
everywhere, of course, as well as his first holiday season without her.

But things have gotten a little bit easier every day...  He's actually
been quite a trouper given the hand he's been dealt.  For one thing,
receiving emails, letters, and phone calls has been just what the
doctor ordered!  It's a tremendous benefit hearing and sharing upbeat
memories, and catching up with old friends!

I'm hoping all is well with all of Dad's musician friends, and
certainly hoping everyone's having a wonderful holiday season!

All the best,

Carrie (Zarchy) Hettmansberger
Gardenheart333 at yahoo.com
(818) 716-4148

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See our new CD, www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

"I can resist everything except temptation."  --Oscar Wilde, 1854 - 1900